Thursday 8 August 2013

THOUGHTS

I am coming to the conclusion that I'm a grown up. Not in the sense that I know everything and have it all together but that I've lived away from home for awhile now, decide what I do everyday and basically look after myself. Being in my twenties, I'm not necessarily where I thought I would be in my life but I have learnt, changed and achieved a lot over the past three years. One thing this has especially helped me to realise is that making plans and dreaming ahead means I might miss the good stuff that comes from focusing on now. I used think "wouldn't it be fun to do that more" or "one day I will go there" but something often got in the way or I would find that it was tomorrow and it hadn't happened.

God has been teaching me this lesson too. I don't need to wait to be a certain age or to have reached particular milestones to be acceptable or useful to him. In fact I never will be able to make myself that. I just need to seek him each day and be open to him. The place that am in in my life right now is where I need to be and it should be embraced whole-heartedly.

I have learnt (and am still learning) to be intentional and make actual plans to just do things that I love, try new experiences, visit different places and be brave enough to just go for it. Today. 

Back in January I set myself 25 goals to achieve before I hit 25 years old. I have included things to learn and try and experience. This seemed achievable but if I don't manage them all then at least I have tried. I'm hoping through this I will grow and learn new things, if only about myself and have fun along the way. I am working my way through and will share them with you as I go. Starting this blog actually ticks one off the list!

Coincidentally two of my best friends have an incredible blog based around some amazing resolutions... 

No comments:

Post a Comment