Thursday 26 September 2013

FLORENCE.

Florence was kind of perfect. When I pictured Italy, this was what I imagined. On our first night we sat in the Piazza del Duomo, listened to a group of old Italian men playing accordions as the sun set and we ate ice cream. Who could ask for more? 

Florence was a lot more slow paced then Rome with no less culture or atmosphere. I mean Michelangelo's David is here! We enjoyed grabbing amazing coffee and pastries every morning, exploring the markets, people watching in squares, getting as many incredible views of the city that we could and checking out museums and galleries. I also had the most amazing ice cream here, so good and so cheap! Not that I've tried every gelateria in Italy but this place was super delicious and really generous with portion sizes, I highly recommend it.

Florence, I love you. 

THE DUOMO, FLORENCE'S ICONIC CHURCH. WE CLIMBED TO THE TOP OF THE DOME AND TOWER, A LOT OF STAIRS BUT WORTH IT!
ON THE CLIMB UP THE DOME, A PEEK OF FLORENCE.
WE MADE IT TO THE TOP!
RED ROOFS.
ARCHES ON TOP OF THE DUOMO.
GOLDEN MOSAICS.
CHEESE IN THE MARKET.
ANOTHER VIEW OF THE DOME FROM THE TOWER.
ITALIAN SKIES.
SO MANY INCREDIBLE SCULPTURES AND FOUNTAINS ARE SCATTERED AROUND THE CITY.
GORGEOUS VINTAGE CAROUSEL.
PADLOCKS COVER THE BRIDGES, JUST LIKE IN PARIS.
VIEW FROM PONTE VECCHIO.

1 comment: