Monday 9 March 2015

LAUSANNE PART ONE.

Lausanne is just on the edge of Lake Geneva, in the Swiss Alps. In preparation for going I bought myself some thermals which sounds pretty extreme as it wasn't much colder than Leeds but I actually even wore them before I went and was very grateful while I was there too! I loved being up in the mountains and got pretty excited when it snowed (for about five minutes) the fresh air, pine trees and views were beautiful. I hadn't ever heard of Lausanne before and expected a small quiet town but there was a lot more the see than expected.


We spent day one away from the mountains exploring the back streets and squares of Lausanne, drinking hot chocolate and eating bread. Although I took French at school and am aiming to re-learn it in the next few months, I speak hardly any. Jenna is a bit of a pro so the perfect person to show me around.

I wasn't away for very long but I took a lot of pictures so there will be another Lausanne post in a day or two. I also went a bit snap-happy on Instagram if you want to check that out.

xx


THE SNOW! THE TREES!
PALAIS DE RUMINE.
WE FOUND A MARKET WITH SOME INCREDIBLE LOOKING CHEESE - CHECK OUT THAT HANGING SMOKED STUFF.
I WANTED TO BUY ALL OF THESE FANCY MUSHROOMS.
PALAIS DE RUMINE AGAIN.
THESE SHUTTERS!
SWITZERLAND.
WE STUMBLED UPON A CASTLE! CHATEAU SAINT-MARIE.
CATHEDRALE DE LAUSANNE.
JUST AS IMPRESSIVE ON THE OUTSIDE...
AS THE INSIDE.
STAINED GLASS WINDOW LIGHT.
THESE VIEWS! 
I COULD HAVE STARED ALL DAY.
THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE, IT ACTUALLY CAME IN A BOWL! WHICH WOULD HAVE COME HOME WITH ME IF IT COULD.
WE STAYED OUT TIL THE SUN WENT DOWN.
LAUSANNE, YOU ARE PRETTY GREAT! THANKS FOR SHOWING ME AROUND JENNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment