Thursday 26 March 2015

TEA.

This will probably seem like a very strange thing to write a blog post about or in fact take pictures of but if you didn't know - I don't drink tea, much to the confusion of my friends, family and colleagues. Shock horror! I've had the odd accidental sip (mistaking someone else's mug for my coffee), a cup or two (of ginger tea) out of politeness while travelling in Bangladesh and made cups for other people (while avoiding breathing through my nose). I'm not sure where this strong dislike came from but the fact is, I just don't like the stuff! 

However, seeing as SO many people do, I decided to give it a real chance. So, I asked Jeni, a big tea drinker, to take me out for a proper cup of tea and we found ourselves at Yumchaa for a pot of loose leaf English Breakfast.
THE EMPTY CUP!

Is this maturity? Trying new things? Hmmm, not sure. My verdict: I won't be drinking it again in a hurry but at least it's crossed off my list

Well here I am below, taking my first sip. That expression is surprise at not being disgusted but also uncertainty because I haven't had a whole cup of proper tea ever in my life and I'm still undecided. Next I need to conquer my dislike for bananas...
 

2 comments: