Sunday 18 August 2013

SUMMER?

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately talking about the end of summer but I don't quite feel like that. Despite the fact that these past few months we have had more sun than England has seen in a long time, for me it feels like summer has not quite hit yet. "Summer" still feels inextricably tied to the six-week break at the end of the school year. This means that although I started to enjoy summer since as long ago as May by experiencing it alongside other people who had actually finished for the "summer", grabbing days or evenings to take time out as the days got longer, I haven't been able to fully embrace it. A part of me has been waiting for my break to properly welcome summer.

In two days time I will be finished. The end of three years . The first "summer" in a long time when there will be no essay, exam or placement lurking in the distance. This next month will be filled with exploring, food, family, friends, sun (hopefully) and lots of not-doing-too-much.
Bring. It. On. 

I will be so happy when autumn arrives. It's my favourite season. It always signifies change and a whole will be changing come autumn which is exciting....but I am more than happy to squeeze some adventures in before it does. Especially in the spirit of living life today.

One thing I am extra excited about is travelling around Italy for two weeks. 
Here is a playlist to accompany my "summer". Quite a random selection, some old favourites, some new, low-key-chilled-out mixed with anticipation and excitement. This pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment